Thursday, December 30, 2004

My Ipod weighs a ton.

Chris & Mary Claus came through big time as always. 40GB of music at my finger tips. Complete with Bose Sound Dock which essentially turns the little marvel of modern design into a shelf stereo.

I've been a downloading, importing, playlist creating fool since we got back from Seattle, and I'm loving every minute of it. The thing that makes music so addictive is that there's always something new to listen to. There's always a genre or a sub-genre that you can explore. There's always a legendary artists that you've never gotten around to. There's always a hip new band to check out.

In 2005 AP (after Pod), I've been really focusing on this album by Rae & Christian, Nocturnal Activity (Sleepwalking remixed). They're label mates of one of my favorite artists, Aim, and I had been meaning to give them a listen for a while. There is something about the Grand Central Records sound that I just can't get enough of it. One moment Kate Rogers is crooning over some sparse, downtempo number. One track later, the Pharcyde bounces through and does that thing that they do (did?) so well. It's fun to think that there a bunch of British white dude making the kind of music that I would love to make.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< # Okayplayer?! ? >