Sunday, July 25, 2004

Buttermilk Biscuits

Tasha and I made buttermilk biscuits tonight.  No, that's not a sexual euphemism.  We actually made buttermilk biscuits.  From scratch.  From a recipe in GQ magazine.  They were actually pretty simple to make and they were ready in about 20 minutes.  When she went to the store to get buttermilk and baking powder, she also got breakfast sausages.  What a woman huh?  I threw those bad boys on the grill.  At first, I didn't think I was going to have enough charcoal.  Turns out there was enough to cook them.  It just took them a little longer.  While I was working the grill, she sliced up a few hardboiled eggs and some cheese.  The biscuits and the sausages were ready at just about the same time, and we served the whole enchilada with butter, honey and cherry jam.   We might have just eaten the greatest meal in the history of mankind. 

Then, we watched the most amazing Iron Chef battle I think I've ever seen.  It was the scallops battle with the challenger being some guy who uses a technique that neither one of us had heard of.  vacuum cooking.  You basically vacuum seal stuff in a plastic bag...and then boil it.  Sakai put a royal ass whooping on that dude. 
God, I love food.  If I wasn't quite so vain, I'd be a total and complete fat ass. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< # Okayplayer?! ? >