Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Jessica Simpson: Comedy Genius

No, I didn't see The Dukes of Hazzard. She's hot, but she's not that hot. This gem falls under the heading of unintentional comedy. During a particularly long cut scene in the super-awesome Playstation 2 game, God of War, I was thumbing through my wife's copy of Elle. I happened upon the following paragraph.

She's in no hurry to have children but plans to adopt, as she actually tried to do at age 16 after visiting an orphanage in Mexico with her church group. "That's what I wanted for my birthday," she says. "But I couldn't legally get a baby across the Mexican border."

I'm done writing comedy. No matter what I do, I'll never write anything funnier than that.

2 Comments:

Blogger d.w. said...

What you know about that God of War, son?

ARREEEESSSS!!!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Emmm... if you can find me below that very strong and very long assumedly spam comment... and if you don't mind a totally random commenter...

I think it's the line "That's what I wanted for my birthday" that makes me laugh the hardest. Or weep softly. It's hard to tell sometimes. Why on earth is this woman considered a role model for our vulnerable youth?

Excellent blog, by the way. I hope you don't mind if I swing by these parts again.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< # Okayplayer?! ? >