Thursday, June 01, 2006

We have a new champion!




So my MF Doom only phase is officially over. For the past several months, I’ve become quite acquainted with all things Metal Face-related. King Gheedra, Viktor Vaughn, Madvillian, DangerDoom, etc. And it’s not like I’m not still listening to a ton of Doom. But he’s just not in the top spot anymore. The Meters are. Thanks to a great feature story in Wax Poetics a while back, I got my hands on some of their stuff. Fire on the Bayou jumped out at me right away. I don’t want to get carried away and say that they are the funkiest band in the history of the earth, but…they might be the funkiest band in the history of the earth. It’s like Bill Withers mixed with delta blues and a little Steely Dan thrown in.

Speaking of Steely Dan…I’ve got my tickets. Oh, it’s going to be great to stand so irony free in the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine, CA and enjoy a full face worth of Fagen and Becker, bitches!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< # Okayplayer?! ? >