Friday, March 18, 2005

Nick Adams. Published author.

It’s official. I’m getting published.

Yesterday, upon my agent’s recommendation, I accepted an offer from Kensington Books. She called me on Wednesday and told me that they had made an offer, but she thought it was just a tad low. She wanted to take a day and see if she heard anything solid from a few other people to whom she had some feelers out. After a no, and a maybe, we decided a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush and gave them a yes.

I’ll be honest. I don’t know shit about Kensington, but Claudia was excited. She called them a “large house, a really good house” and said that they do very well. The editor she sent it to loved it and thought it was hilarious.


Part of me wants to jump up and down and scream for joy. Part of me isn’t going to believe that it’s real until I get a check in my hand. The other part of me is ready to get down to work and pound out the rest of this manuscript. It’s been a long haul just to get to this point, and there’s still a lot of work to be done. But at least now I feel like I’m in the game. Almost. The challenge for me now is to deliver a kick ass manuscript and convince them that I’m worth getting behind in a major way. If they’re willing to kick in some serious $ for marketing this thing, who knows what might happen?

2 Comments:

Blogger PC said...

Just thought I’d leave a note to say….

CONGRADULATIONS.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY BROTHER IS ONE OF THE MOST BRILLANT MEN I KNOW AND I HAVE WAVES OF PEOPLE WAITING FOR YOUR EAST COAST DEBUT AND UPCOMING LITERARY WORK!!!!XXXOOO
-FROM THE BEST BIG SISTER IN THE WORLD VAW

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< # Okayplayer?! ? >